Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Science Fiction Party Snacks

Today I hosted a party. It was in honor of my favorite show returning after being off the air for a year and a half. The show is called Destination Truth and it's on the SyFy network. The show is about a group of explorers who travel around the world and search for monsters and urban legends, like Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster. I enjoy the show because it gives you a peak at cultures completely different from your own, often in remote parts of the world. I love the suspense and action of the chase, and I LOVE how funny the host, Josh Gates, is. I have a lot of friends who also can't get enough of this show, so I invited them over to watch the season premier with me. Just for kicks, I made some "monster" inspired treats. These aren't "recipes" so much as just ideas, since everything I made was from the quick instructions on the back of the box. Either way, I thought it turned out pretty darn cute, and the show was pretty darn entertaining. Enjoy!





With all this, it turned out to be a pretty cute spread. And even though it was a rather small get-together, we polished off that bread bowl and most of the jello shots. I'll have blue M&Ms and "swamp thing" cupcakes for a while yet though. I'll have to pack some in my lunch tomorrow to take to work. Woo! That's the great thing about party leftovers, their all yours!

If you are curious about the show, you can watch a clip here:

Or full episodes here for free via Hulu.

1 comment:

  1. I love Destination Truth!! And those cupcakes look yuuuuuummy!!

    ReplyDelete