Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mackinac Island, Michigan

So things have been a little crazy around here lately. A storm knocked out my internet on Friday and it was off for several days. Then Monday my family and I left for our vacation to Michigan. Then there was the fourth of July. Then I worked long shifts the next two days. So heeere I am to tell you things should get back to normal around here soon. I have a couple giveaways planned, a few DIYs and some exciting "monster" recipes. Stick around. ;)

Enjoy these snapshots I took on vacation, and look forward to the big ideas I have for my blog in the next coming week!!

Mackinac Island, Mackinaw Michigan
There were no cars allowed on the island. You had to walk, ride a bike, ride a horse, or a horse-drawn-taxi.
We crossed over the Mackinaw Bridge into the upper pininsula, just for the heck of it. Then turned around and went back to the mitten.

 Beautiful lake Huron
 You had to take a ferry to get to the island.

 I really enjoyed the butterfly house.

 There were no shells on the beach, but lots of cool rocks.



 Fort Mackinac
 

 As nice as it is to explore places you've never been, it sure feels good to be home!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. It's beautiful there. I may have to hop over the lake to check it out.

    Oh, and I'm pretty pumped about some monster recipes, but I don't know what to expect haha.

    ReplyDelete